Our licensed customs broker is one of the most extensive and experienced in the logistics industry. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of regulatory compliance services, led by our highly compliant and well respected import customs brokerage services. Our expert teams and advanced systems ensure that the necessary government declarations are completed accurately and on time for your import and export shipments so that we minimize the risks associated with moving freight across international borders. We are also able to assist in all customs formalities included relief programs such as duty drawbacks, and many other mechanisms currently in place at Revenue Canada Agency
If you need to export your goods temporarily as one of your business activities, then we can help you with ATA ticket that allows your goods to travel overseas for up to 12 months and then be brought back home again. Let our professional staff take care the process for you so you are free from complicated paperwork
All customs declarations should contain all of the following information:
- The full name and address of the sender and addressee including the Postal Code/ZIP Code and country name
- An detailed description of the contents and quantity of items e.g. 01 new dress made of 100% silk dress. Do not use general terms such as “GIFT” or “CLOTHES”. Distinct items should be listed separately. A proper description means customs is less likely to open the package
- The country of origin/manufacture and Harmonized System (HS) code (if applicable)
- The value of contents and currency
- The insured value (when coverage is purchased) or declared value for carriage
- The net weight
- The signature of the sender
Prohibited items are not allowed to enter the international destination. If the item does enter the destination, it will most likely be seized and destroyed by customs
Limit of Responsibility: Xcel Freight is not responsible for returned mail/parcel or seized outside of Canada because these articles are prohibited at the destination, or special mailing/import requirements were not met.
For shipment tracking please contact
your nearest Xcel Freight station.
– Or –Request a quote